Saturday, September 25, 2010

EmbeddedFun Series - Episode 1

Be Gentle
So this is the first time I've done a screencast so be gentle. I'm sure I'll get better at it as we move along. This first episode covers setting up the environment for us to start working. I install the MPLAB IDE along with the C compiler. If you already have an environment set up then I would recommend skipping this episode as it would be quite boring and doesn't contain any other information. I recommend you view it in full screen mode so that you can see the text. If you can't see it below this is a direct link to it.



Get Ready To Git
Next up we will finally be getting into creating the project and defining some more of the finer details. The GitHub repository has been virtually empty up until now but in the next episode we will start getting some code written. I'll cover getting the hardware set up so that we can start adding functionality.

Comments
I'm really excited to get feedback on this project so please feel free to leave your comments here on the blog or shoot me an email. I'll be working hard to get Episode 2 done but it will probably be several days. Until then, feel free to read some of the C compiler documentation or the PIC18F2455 datasheet to become more familiar with the brain of our platform.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean and civil. That's all I ask.