Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Vote for the Next Step

Just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone that has taken a look at the FMBomb article on Codeproject. If you just linked over from there, welcome. I appreciate the nice comments and votes. You never know what kind of reaction you'll get when posting an article for everyone to see.

What Should We Do Now?

So in the article I mentioned that I wouldn't be opposed to doing a follow-up article if there was an interest. So, if you're interested in more let me know. Leave a comment to this post with your idea for what I should do next. It doesn't necessarily have to be an extension of FMBomb. It could be something completely new. Some possibilities are:
  • Add a display to show transmission info for FMBomb
  • Add a way to change the transmission frequency other than hard-coding it
  • Add a microphone preamp so you could broadcast your voice
  • Do an article about the sensor platform
  • Something different all together. All ideas are welcome

I'll take the feedback and look at what to do next so don't be shy, leave a comment.

Embedded Fun Giveaway

I'm passionate about embedded hardware. I love learning about it and I love sharing what I can to help others learn. As such I wanted to do a very small giveaway to help some budding hobbyists on their way. I'll post the details in the next day or so. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Testing 1 2 3, is this thing on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I would like to see is some extension of the article that might include communication with a PC through USB. Maybe you could allow setting parameters through a Windows GUI or just transmitting some data that is then shown on the GUI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to know how to add a microphone preamp so you could broadcast your voice. That would be wicked as.

    Very good article! I am a software developer but am interested in learning about the hardware side and this is a perfect article.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean and civil. That's all I ask.