Wednesday, March 23, 2011

FMBomb Does Voice Now

So one of the requested enhancements to the FMBomb was to be able to transmit your voice. Well, ask no more. I've updated the schematic with the electret microphone breakout board from Sparkfun..




This little board is a great example of how easy it can be to bolt on functionality to an embedded project. No firmware changes were needed and the whole upgrade, including soldering a breakaway header to the breakout board, took me about 20 minutes. I immediately tuned all of the radios in the house to my preset transmission frequency and began speaking to the family from my basement lair. The transmission range is pretty good with just a simple 30 inch hookup wire antenna. Anyway, the schematic has been updated on github and I'll probably post an update to the Codeproject article in the next week or so. Keep the comments and requests coming. Who knows what we'll do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean and civil. That's all I ask.