Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Introducing µCasts

My New Project

I've been pretty quiet lately and that's because I've been working on a new project. It's always been a dream of mine to do educational videos on electronics stuff, specifically hacking with microcontrollers and making cool projects. Well, I couldn't put it off any longer and teamed up with my good friend Aaron Ball to create ┬ÁCasts. We're really excited about it and are going through a bit of a learning curve so far but we have a ton of awesome content planned that we just need to shoot and produce. I've added a link over on the side and hope people will check it out and provide feedback or suggestions for episodes.

Technical Note

For those nerdy enough to care, I wrote the website myself using Node.js and MongoDB. The whole thing is hosted up on Heroku and uses the Express framework for the server side of things. I think I would like to open source it at some point as a starting point for anybody else looking to start a video blog of some sort but I want to run it for a while and enhance/clean up things before I let anybody look at the code. There is a lot of manual command line foo to post episodes as I didn't feel like creating an authentication system or an on-website way of adding new videos. If you are interested in the code please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean and civil. That's all I ask.